Conveying a Foreclosure
Notice of Foreclosure
Banks, mortgage companies, other lenders or applicable parties sending notice of foreclosure in compliance with 735 ILCS 5/15-15039 (b): notice of foreclosure should be sent to the following address:
Village of Park Forest
Attn: Building Department
350 Victory Drive
Park Forest, IL 60466
Conveying a Foreclosed Property
To properly convey a foreclosed property in Park Forest you will need:
- The original Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration, correct and complete.
- This form is not available by fax or e-mail. It may be picked up at the Building Department, or call 708-503-7703 to request the form be mailed.
- The original, fully executed sheriff's sale deed or judicial sales deed must accompany the Transfer Declaration form.
- Any outstanding invoices must be paid (water, grass cutting, liens, etc.). Contact the Building Department to verify what invoices are outstanding.
- $15 processing fee for exempt transactions.
- Complete Vacant Building Registration form (required for properties vacant over 60 days).
Selling a Foreclosed Property
For the sale of a foreclosed property, the following information is required:
- Completed Change of Ownership Application, including the name and current address of seller, buyer, and buyer's lending institution information.
- Legible copy of the signed and dated sales contract.
- Completed Buyer's Letter regarding the purchase of the property. Form must be signed by the buyer, not the buyer's agent, and must be notarized.
- Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration form for this transfer.
- Cost of stamp is $5 per $1,000 for non-exempt transfers; $15 for exempt transfers. Transfer stamps for non-exempt transactions are payable by cash, credit card, or certified funds. We will no longer accept business or personal checks for transfer stamps. For exempt transactions, the original notarized deed is required.