In Feb. 2022, the Village Board adopted the following strategic goals:
- To strengthen and enhance economic conditions to attract and retain businesses and employers to support a thriving local economy.
- To provide municipal services in a responsive and fiscally sustainable manner through continued collaboration, innovation, and regional leadership.
- To employ best practices to deliver high-quality services and maintain and develop infrastructure in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner.
- To mitigate the effects of climate change through the management of Village resources, partnerships, and the natural environment.
- To continue to ensure the health, welfare, and safety of Village residents and property through the provision of excellent and innovative public safety services delivered with integrity and impartiality.
- To increase opportunities for engagement and maximize resources for all residents.
- To continue to develop public relations and innovative marketing and communications to promote Park Forest.
- To build upon the history of Park Forest and cultivate a culture that meets the future.
Background information related to information gathering for setting these goals includes: