Residents across Park Forest are spending more time on their lawns as summer nears. Yard work often has residents looking for ways to dispose of yard waste.
Homewood Disposal will pick up yard waste, but they have specific requirements:
- Yard waste needs to be placed in brown paper yard waste bags AND have a sticker for disposal. The stickers can be purchased at the Water Department for $3 per sticker.
- Yard waste cannot be placed in plastic garbage bags OR exceed 50 pounds.
- Bundled and tied branches should be cut to 3-4 foot lengths.
- Yard waste is picked up on the regularly scheduled garbage days (Tuesdays).
- The yard waste can be set out Monday night or on Tuesday mornings prior to garbage pickup. Residents will be required to remove any yard waste set out after the regularly scheduled pick up days as the yard waste is only picked up on regularly scheduled garbage days.
- Yard waste pick up will be from April 1 to Nov 30.
- The link for Homewood Disposal’s Yard Waste Pick Up & Disposal Services: https://mydisposal.com/resources/yard-waste-stickers