Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
As of April 1, 2020
Due to the Governor’s shelter in place order Park Forest’s Village Hall is closed to the public. Building Department services have been suspended or altered until the order is lifted. During this time the Building Department is not accepting applications for change of occupancies and change of occupancy inspections are suspended. However, the Building Department is accepting construction permits and transfer stamps through mail or through the drop box located to the east of the Village Hall’s main entrance next to the FedEx and UPS drop boxes.
Property sellers and landlords are asked to apply for change of occupancy inspections within 30 days after the Shelter in Place Order has been lifted. If properties are occupied without the change of occupancy inspection process and a certificate of occupancy during the Shelter in Place Order the Village will NOT take enforcement actions as long as reasonable efforts are made to apply for the change of occupancy inspection within 30 days after the Shelter in Place Order is lifted.
· Documents can be submitted by mail or drop box.
· Application form can be found on this website.
· Standard submittal documents including construction drawings, scope of works, contracts, need to be submitted at the same time.
· Unfortunately this process will be more time consuming; permits will not be issued “same day”.
· Approved permits will be sent to the submitter via US mail.
· Payments can be made with check, money order or the applicant can provide a phone number at which they can be reached to provide credit card information. Please DO NOT include credit card information with submitted documents. Cash is not accepted during this time.
· Completed Village of Park Forest Transfer Declaration Form (form now available online)
· Any money due to the Village (water bills, liens, citations, invoices, etc.) would need to be paid prior to the transfer stamp being issued
· Payment for the transfer stamp ($5/$1000 of the sales price)
· Payment needs to be made by certified funds, which include money order and attorney’s check. Payment can also be arranged by credit card when a phone number or the applicant is provided. The applicant will be called for the credit card information. Please DO NOT include credit card information with submitted documents. Cash is not accepted during this time.
· Transfer stamps will be returned to you via US Mai. FOR A FASTER RETURN include a FedEx or UPS label.
At this time we are not accepting applications for building permits or transfer stamps via email. We are available to answer questions or offering assistance for building department related issues during this time via email. Please send such emails to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to get back to work serving the public as soon as possible. Stay well and stay safe.