Lateral Transfer Candidates
Find challenge and rewards in Park Forest
The Village of Park Forest is regarded as a regional leader in policing. Join a modern, community-oriented police department, and bring your experience with you. Park Forest Police officers enjoy opportunities for advancement and specialization. The lateral transfer program allows applicants to accelerate up the pay scale quickly. Take advantage of an excellent benefits package, including Illinois' pension system.
Accelerated salary schedule
Out-of-state certified police officers with full-time experience above will start at the contract probationary salary of $65,737, but upon successful completion of the State of Illinois certification process, their salary will be raised to the step equivalent to their experience:
- 12 months full-time experience – Step B: $71,055
- 24 months full-time experience – Step C: $77,083
- 36 months of full-time experience – Step D: $81,680
- 48 months of full-time experience – Step E: $$87,707
- 60 months or more of full-time experience – Step F: $93,092
The Village of Park Forest provides the following benefits to its officers:
- Illinois’ pension plan
- An additional, optional deferred compensation retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Medical and dental insurance, with 80% of cost paid for by the Village
- Tuition assistance is available
- Ability to accrue compensatory time in lieu of overtime in most situations at their discretion
- Patrol officers work 12-hour shifts, providing ample days off of work
Grow in your career
Officers who excel at patrol work may be qualified for assignments in the Investigations Division, South Suburban Emergency Response Team, the ILEAS Mobile Field Force, South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, South Suburban Major Accident Reconstruction Team, South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, K9 team, and a variety of task forces.
Apply now to become the newest member of the Park Forest Police Department! The application is free to complete. Apply by Jan. 27.