- Recreation, Parks & Community Health
- Programs & Classes
Programs & Classes
The Village of Park Forest offers a host of programs and classes for you and your family to get involved in. On this page, you will find detailed information on those offerings. Important note: Nothing kills a good program quicker than waiting until the last minute to register! Be sure to sign-up early or the class that you want may have to be cancelled.
Recreation Department Program Registration Policies
Please review the below information regarding registration policies and procedures.
- All program registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In-person registration will be accepted at the Recreation and Parks Department from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday evenings and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
- Phone registration is accepted using a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) by calling the Recreation & Parks Department at (708)748-2005 during normal business hours for assistance.
- Mail-in/Drop box registration is accepted for programs unless otherwise listed. The drop box is located outside of Village Hall. You will be contacted only if the Recreation and Parks Department cannot process your registration due to cancelled or filled classes.
- Online Registration - Registration from the comfort of your home with anytime, around the clock access! Create your online account today! Credit card payments only. A small processing fee will be applied to on-line transactions.
Please note: some programs will not be available for online registration.
- Before participating in any program or event, a registration form and waiver must be completed and signed by the participant or responsible parent/guardian. The waiver form is available at the Recreation & Parks Department or can be downloaded.
- Payment options include cash, money order, checks (payable to Village of Park Forest) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
- Returned checks will be charged a $35 fee.
- Refund requests made prior to the start date of a program will be cheerfully given less a 5% refund fee. Refunds for trips may vary due to non-refundable tickets or fees.
- If there is insufficient enrollment, Recreation & Parks reserves the right to cancel any program/trip. You will receive notification of cancellation.
- No person otherwise qualified will be denied the opportunity to participate in a fee program because of inability to pay.
Park Forest's parks and facilities are available and maintained primarily for and by the residents of Park Forest. Park Forest is committed to maintaining its facilities and conducting its programs and activities in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in high regard. Park Forest continually strives to reduce the risks and insists that all participants follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect the participants’ safety. However, participants and parents/guardians of minors registering for programs/activities must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs.
You are solely responsible for determining if you or your minor child/ward is physically fit and or skilled for the activity contemplated by this agreement. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity.
The Village of Park Forest staff, contracted and volunteer photographers periodically take photos of program participants and park visitors. Please be aware that these photos are for Village of Park Forest use only and may be used in future publications, websites and paid advertisements.